Saturday, March 22, 2008



Well these are some of the last pictures you will see of our complete family since Nathan is leaving for Iraq again tomorrow. I have to say the last two weeks have not been fun. The anticipation of him leaving is just killing me. Today I got the knot in my stomach that I know won't go away for a few days. I think I have finally faced the fact that he is actually going. There isn't going to be a miracle and he will suddnenly get to stay (like I have been hoping for). We have both been trying our hardest to prepare Garrett for his daddy leaving. I really think that watching the busses drive away is when it is going to click for Garrett that daddy is gone. He says "Dadda work" alot which is what we have been telling him. (Daddy is going to go to work for a long time), but I don't think he truly gets it yet.

We celebrated Easter this morning since tomorrow will be a crazy day. Garrett and Abbey both got an Easter basket from the Easter Bunny. Garrett loved his sidewalk chalk and we went out this morning to write on the driveway. It was a good last morning together.

I will keep everyone posted on how Nathan is doing. I will be posting more often since this is how Nathan can watch our kids grow. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and enjoy the pictures.





Thanks Nona for the Easter Playdough. Garrett has played with it at least twice a day EVERYDAY.















I catch Garrett doing this every now and then. There must be something fun about putting his feet on his sisters head. He is starting the torture early.



This is Garrett looking at me with his binoculers. He walks around and says "I see you".
The tickle monster.

















Abbey's first bottle. It was still my milk, but it gave Nathan and her a chance to bond.









0 comments: